+45 00 00 00 00
Find afdeling
Søg efter afdelinger
Kontakt os
DLG and Vilofoss enters new Spanish market
DLG Group / Press / News
27. May 2019

The DLG Group enters a new market: Vilofoss acquires Spanish company

The DLG Group's important premix and nutrition business Vilofoss continues to strengthen its position as one of the largest companies in the European market. The latest strategic initiative is the acquisition of Spanish company CPC. The Spanish market is Europe's largest within pigs and it is a completely new growth market for Vilofoss Group.

Vilofoss, one of the three largest premix and nutrition companies in the European market for livestock production, has just acquired Complementos de Piensos Compuestos (CPC) a Spanish family owned business. CPC produces 15,000 tons per year with a turnover of DKK 120 million. CEO of DLG, Kristian Hundebøll, says:

“Spain is the largest European market for pigs and produce 20% of all pigs in Europe. At the moment it is the only market in Europe with continued high growth. We have been looking for the right partner for a while, and we have now accomplished this with the acquisition of CPC, where we together see great growth opportunities. It strengthens our position, as one of the largest premix and nutrition companies with a market share of 20% in Europe. We hope that this is the first step towards a strong position in the Spanish market – the same way we have done successfully in Germany and France.”

Major international player
Including the new Spanish factory, Vilofoss has 16 factories in 7 countries in Europe and a smaller stake in a vitamin factory in China. Vilofoss produces 400,000 tons of premix and nutrition a year and has a turnover of more than DKK 3 billion.

“In the beginning of the year we entered a new cooperation with the French company ARC, so we are now the leader in the French market for piglets. With CPC in Spain, we are now present in all the important markets in Europe, and we help to set the direction for the European livestock production and we are strong in the fields of pig, cattle and poultry,” says Kristian Hundebøll.

The DLG Group has an ambitious, international growth strategy for Vilofoss: ”We have shown that we can collaborate with both private and cooperative companies and create growth with respect for the company’s DNA. This is a unique quality of DLG, which makes us attractive as a business partner abroad.”

More export
The family owned business CPC is located in the province of Navarra in northern Spain close to the city of Pamplona and is strategically well placed for the big Spanish pig production.  

“CPC is a skilled, knowledgeable and innovative family business that matches well with our strengths in the DLG Group. They export 25% of its production primarily to South America, which are markets, where DLG is not present today. Thus, it is in alignment with our growth and export strategy, where we plan on reaching out to even more markets. CPC can help us support our sales of our special products to even more markets, and therefore, we see strong opportunities for further common growth,” says Kristian Hundebøll.

About Vilofoss
Vilofoss is one of the three largest companies in the European premix and nutrition market for livestock production with a turnover of over DKK 3 billion. Vilofoss has, together with the new Spanish factory, 16 factories in 7 countries in Europe, producing 400,000 tons of premix and nutrition per year. Vilofoss has sales companies and agents in 16 countries, it sells to more than 60 countries on all continents and has more than 500 employees. Read more www.vilofoss.com

About CPC Feed
Complementos de Piensos Compuestos, S.A. is located in Enériz in the northern Spain in the province of Navarre. The family owned business from 1978 is developing premix and nutrition feed mixes and starter feed for pigs, cattle, poultry, sheep and goats. CPC is an extremely solid company with high earnings and no debt. Vilofoss has purchased 75% of the shares the 1st of January 2019 with an option to purchase the remaining 25%. The family retains 25% and continue working in the company. Read more www.cpcfeed.es/en


Portræt af Kristian Hundebøll
Kristian Hundebøll
Group CEO